1. Write a “Letter of Intent”; This letter/essay does not need to be long, but it should be from the heart. (This IS a requirement, and may be used to determine your eligibility for participation in the program.). In the letter you should include answers to the following:
• What do Strength and Conditioning mean to you?
• Why do you want to be a coach?
• Why would someone want you to be their coach?
• What is your background (include all): education, profession, sports, and fitness?
• What are your strengths & weaknesses?
2. 1-on-1 Interview: You may be invited for a 1-on-1 interview with the head coach. The goal of this interview is to discover your motivation and drive into becoming a Strength and Conditioning coach.
3. Experience: Though not required, ideally applicants have some coaching experience (Personal Training or otherwise) and have taken (or are registered to take) their CPT or CSCS test from the NSCA.
4. Deposit: If accepted, you will be required to submit a $250 deposit to participate in the program. This deposit is returned in full to you upon completing the course, or if we make the decision to discontinue the internship for the group or that individual. If you pull out of the course or fail to make the attendance requirements, then we will keep the deposit as a charge of services. This deposit ensures we only take on interns who are dedicated to the program.